Monday, September 16, 2013

[ grocery ] :: weekly deals at publix

It's a brand new week of grocery deals! Here are some of my picks for items that I'll be stocking up on. Go to Southern Savers to see other deals - maybe there is something you need on sale!

Publix: Weekly ad here. I'm not super impressed with the sales at Publix this week. I guess last week's sales were too good to be true!

Every week, Publix publishes a "Penny Item" that is valid on the first day of their weekly sale. Here in the Metro Atlanta area, it's on Thursday for most stores. However, you do need the Penny Item coupon, located in the Living section of the AJC. (Note: sometimes the AJC has a $5 off Publix coupon, too!) So, in order to get the Penny Item for the week you need your coupon and you have to spend $10 in groceries before coupons. Easy-peasy!



This week's Penny Item is TBA, limit 1.


Green Giant Canned Vegetables, 14.5-15.25 oz: $0.64 - excludes Three Bean salad and Asparagus
Frank's Red Hot Sauce, 12 oz: $1.29 - use a $0.40 off coupon here, makes it $0.49
Old El Paso Dinner Kit, 8.4-19.2 oz: $1.59 - use a $0.50 off coupon here (use zip code 77477), makes it $0.59

Jennie-O Ground Turkey, 20 oz: $3.99
Butterball Fully Cooked Turkey Bacon, Uncooked Turkey Bacon, Lunchmeat, or Smoked Sausage: $2.00 - use a $1.00 off coupon from Facebook, makes it $1

Yellow Squash, Zucchini, or Green Beans: $1.79/lb
Sliced White Mushrooms, 8 oz: $1.79
If you want to see how I found the deals and coupons to match, check out Southern Savers.

What will I be getting this week? Old El Paso (yes, more tacos!), hot sauce, turkey bacon, squash, and zucchini. I will probably get my ground turkey from Aldi ($2.99) since we'll just be making tacos with it. If you aren't familiar with Publix eCoupons, check out their program here. If you have questions about your coupons, or where to find them, please comment below. Happy savings!


- Maggie White

P.S. - I have a $5 off $40 coupon from Publix that I will not be using. It expires on 9/20 - who wants it? I'll mail it to you! Comment below with your email address, or Facebook message me (if you know me).

No comments:

Post a Comment