Tuesday, November 5, 2013

[ daily deals ] :: gourd lamp - the look for less

I get in trouble when I look through home magazines and catalogs. Especially the Shades of Light catalog, because I can't afford anything in it.

I have been on the hunt for a simple, white (or cream) gourd-shaped lamp for a long, long time. Enter: this lamp. $449 each from Shades of Light.

http://www.shadesoflight.com/pop-color-modern-ceramic-table-lamp-7-colors.html

I immediately fell in love with it, but almost choked when I saw the price tag. Thank goodness for the internet, because I am not about to buy $900 worth of lamp. Oh hell no.

I found many contenders in the $150-$200 for a pair, but that was still too pricey. But then, one day, I was at Target and saw these babies: $29.99 each.

http://www.target.com/p/threshold-double-gourd-lamp-base-shell-medium/-/A-14606663#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=gourd+lamp

Woot! So, not only did I buy two of them, I got them on sale for 15% off. The two lamps cost just over $50 and I was able to use two shades I already had. Here they are on my buffet table in my dining room (the lighting is really bad, and it's currently under construction):

 
I can't figure out why the bulbs show through the shade when I take a picture. Huh. Weird.

- Maggie White

No comments:

Post a Comment