Thursday, November 7, 2013

[ entertainment ] :: friday fun!

It's been a while since The Hubs and I went on a proper date, so I informed him that I would be taking him out for a night on the town. But, knowing me, it has to involve a Groupon and a deal of some sort.

First, I made reservations for an early dinner at Haiku Sushi & Steakhouse in Alpharetta. It's near where we used to live and was formerly called Yamato. We ate there all the darn time. For $32.99, I scored a Hibachi dinner for two with wine (a $62 value).


Then, I got us two Groupons to go see Thor. The Hubs wanted to go see it even though he hates Natalie Portman with a burning passion (he blames her for ruining Star Wars...sorry, Natalie Portman...I still love you!).


The Groupon tickets are just $5 now at Studio Movie Grill in Duluth and Alpharetta. The tickets are normally $10.50 - that's 52% savings! (Check out my post the other day about the tickets.)

So, The Hubs and I will enjoy our big night out on the town for just $55 (including tax + tip at dinner) and will probably have enough Hibachi dinner leftover to feed a slew of small children. Can you say, "lunch tomorrow?" What would a big Hibachi dinner, wine, and a movie normally cost? About $95!

What do you think - good deal? Or waste of money?

- Maggie White

No comments:

Post a Comment