Saturday, May 24, 2014

[ garden ] :: weekly harvest - may week 3

My sister visited this weekend and she helped me pick some veggies. We realized how totally screwed we would be if we had to grow all of our own food! The temperatures are up in the 80's and 90's now so I had to pull up my spring vegetables - green peas, beets, carrots, and radishes. The few surviving vegetables (that didn't bolt and become bitter) are teeny tiny and completely adorable. We'll be having them with a roasted chicken tonight for dinner. Yum!






Aren't the tiny carrots cute?


Carrots: 10.00 oz
Radishes: 6.80 oz
Beets: 1.20 oz
Spinach: 1.85 oz
Peas: 8.40 oz

I am really enjoying using up these veggies in the kitchen since I get to explore new recipes! I even picked up a new cookbook at the discount bin at the bookstore - it's a must-have if you enjoy using seasonal produce.


Gardening is a delicious hobby.

- Maggie White

No comments:

Post a Comment