Tuesday, January 7, 2014

[ home ] :: diy silhouette plates

I have 80-bajillion pictures from this fall when The Hubs and I decided to do a home decor overhaul. One of my projects was to find plates to put in a pair of gilded over-ornate plate hangers that my mom gave me. I flipping love them, but had a hard time finding anything.



I finally decided they needed something modern to go in them, but couldn't find anything cheap that I liked. So I made a pair of plates.

Can you tell that I like birds?

The Hubs thought this was the most "Honey Boo Boo-ish" thing he had ever seen. His reaction when I told him about this was, "A sticker. You're putting a sticker on a plate." And I was like...duh! I found a set of 4 Cynthia Rowley salad plates from TJMaxx for just $4. Then, I shopped on Etsy for a vinyl sticker decal in a design I liked (like these from HouseHoldWords - 6 for $9). I think some Victorian-style silhouettes would look freaking fabulous, too. The project came out to $13 for all of the supplies (with leftovers), but just $2.50 per plate.

It's ridiculously simple to make these. First, clean your plate well. Next, apply the vinyl decal according to the package directions. That's it!



 What do you think? Trashy or fab?

- Maggie White

No comments:

Post a Comment