Tuesday, August 27, 2013

[ daily deals ] :: FREE baked goods + 50% off delicious food + FREE popcorn at Movie Tavern

Since posting my blog link on Facebook I've had quite a few friends check it out! (Well, I think it was mostly The Hubs and his coworkers). The Hubs and I like to eat dinner out at a restaurant every so often, so I started buying online deals in advance to save us some money. So far it's a lot more economical than paying full price!

I had to put this deal first, because this is my absolute favorite restaurant: Cafe Efendi. They have a delicious, quick lunch (get the gyro, y'all) and an amazing dinner menu featuring authentic Turkish food. There is a Groupon deal going on for $20 of food for $10. Get it while it lasts!

First timers: try the Döner Kebab or Kuzu (lamb) Sis Kebab. You'll thank me later.

I was looking through one of my favorite iPhone apps and saw some amazing deals for you guys. If you haven't checked out ScoutMob yet, then you are seriously missing out. Most of their deals are for 50% off food and dining.

Unlike Groupon, ScoutMob is 100% free to use! All you have to do is download the app on your smartphone, pick a restaurant, order your food, and show the waitress the app on your phone. How easy is that?

I've used it a few times around Duluth to sample ethnic food, and my new favorite place MJ Korean Tacos and Wings. The last time Gillybean and I went to eat there, we ate so much we couldn't walk. And then we ate some more. Trust me - get the garlic parmesean fries. With Korean Fried Chicken. And a taco plate. Curious as to what Korean Tacos are? (pure heaven) Check out their website here.

The best deal they have going on is a free mini loaf from Sally's Gluten Free Bakery in Alpharetta. What a great after-work snack! (...hint hint to The Hubs...) Lime Juice Thai Bistro and Haiku Sushi & Steakhouse (formerly Yamato) are other great options in Alpharetta. There are a ton of alternate ScoutMob deals around the Atlanta area, so you just have to go on their website or the app and look.

Finally, here is another Groupon deal to Movie Tavern in Suwanee, GA. It's $6 for a movie ticket and a large tub of popcorn! I may snag two tickets for me and The Hubs - $12 for a $30.50 value? Yes, please. The last time we went we couldn't finish our two tubs of 'corn, but it was still nice to have a free (albeit unhealthy) snack. The tickets expire September 27th, so go ahead and get some if there is a movie you want to see before then.

Enjoy!

- Maggie White

No comments:

Post a Comment