Thursday, September 5, 2013

[ daily deals ] :: new sale site! + triple Swagbucks

Y'all should know by now - I love a good sale site. I like to "window shop" online at Rue La La and Hautelook just to check out what kinds of things go on sale. I was looking at the Amazon Daily Deals and saw a link to a deal site I've never seen before: My Habit.

This is an overstock-sale website, much like Rue La La, but it is operated by Amazon.com, the most fabulous place on the internet. Plus, when you shop there using the Shop & Earn feature from Swagbucks, you can get 3 SB back for every dollar spent. This means you can earn even more gift cards and prizes on Swagbucks just for shopping online. Check it out!

I love "window shopping" for evening gowns, since I end up going to at least one formal event per year. Ridiculous, right? Formal dresses can be very pricey, so it's important to have one classic gown that you can wear over and over again. Every grown woman should have one as an investment piece, just like a man would have a good suit in his closet. Some good color options are black, navy, and kelly green because you can wear them year-round.

Last year, I found myself in a pickle when I had to buy a gown at the last minute and all that was available were prom gowns. It was a nightmare. I ended up buying six gowns, returning five, and settling on an "old lady" lace gown and altering it myself! Since losing weight (almost 40 pounds down!) I had to have an old dress altered so I have one to wear this November.

Here are a few of my picks so you don't end up dress-less:

Adriana Papell Gown $200 $104

I love this one. It's a great price (for a dress that will be worn only a few times), a classic silhouette, and the kicker: you don't need to wear a necklace with it!

Allure Women's Gown $378 $179

This is the perfect dress for multiple occasions. You could wear it to a wedding or other formal event (like a ball). And still wear a bra. This is one I would seriously consider buying - the empire waist and full skirt are universally flattering. Investment piece!

Terani Couture Gown $649 $259
The top of this dress is gorgeous, and look at that markdown! This is a bit more than I would spend, but it would be great on gals who are a little bottom heavy (like myself). My mom would look beautiful in this!

- Maggie White

No comments:

Post a Comment