Wednesday, September 25, 2013

[ daily deals ] :: Toys"R"Us gift card deal + board games

I am on a mission this year to be more frugal with my holiday shopping. Last Christmas I tried to get everyone's gifts a month ahead of time and still felt like I didn't get the best deals.

Now, let me set the record straight: I hate when stores start advertising holiday deals months ahead of time. I am a firm believer that the holidays should be celebrated in order, meaning that if it's October, I better be seeing some Halloween and fall sales. Thanksgiving sales should stick to November, and post-Thanksgiving should be dedicated to Christmas. Get it? There's an order to everything.

But, this year I'm shopping WAY ahead of time. I'll be talking this shopping trip through with The Hubs, but there are some excellent deals this week at Toys"R"Us. I think they will be great for our younger relatives and old since they have books on sale (buy one get one 50% off) and board games starting at $5.

And the kicker? There is a printable coupon out now: spend $40 and get a $10 gift card. Use the gift card to buy another gift, or give it by itself as a present! You can find the printout here


There are coupons available for Hasbro games. Find a $3 off coupon for Twister or Operation here, and Monopoly or Battleship here. (Note: The Target coupons should be manufacturer's coupons)

Here are some of my picks for toys. They don't include any of that electronic crap that kids are into these days - just good old fashioned board games and books!



Check out the sale books here.

I'm partial to this Fisher Price medical kit...just $9.00!


$5.00 board games, including Hi Ho Cherry-O, Candyland, and Cootie. We used to play Cootie all the darn time.


Apples to Apples is on sale for just $15.00, and it makes a great gift for families and adults.

Happy shopping!

- Maggie White

No comments:

Post a Comment