Tuesday, September 10, 2013

[ grocery ] :: Big Lots - the store of champions. And Bob's Red Mill.

I went back to Big Lots to check out their other grocery items and almost totally freaked out when I saw a giant shelf of Bob's Red Mill products. Now, this stuff is pricy at Publix, but I haven't compared the prices there. I did check out the Bob's Red Mill website, and the coconut was the best deal - you win some, you lose some I guess!

Here is what I scored:


(2 @ $5.00 each) 32 oz bags of ground flaxseed meal: $5.19 each
(1 @ $5.00 each) 32 oz bags of shredded unsweetened coconut: $9.04
( 3 @ $2.50 each) 24 oz bags of polenta: $3.69

Total: $30.49 of groceries for $22.50.

Now, there are sometimes price markups at the grocery store. For example, I did see a 16 oz bag of organic coconut flour for almost $12, when online they are just $7.09. So who knows how much I really saved.

I would go back to Big Lots for these products, simply because there are not coupons available for these items (that I know of, at least) and I use them often. What do you think?

- Maggie White

No comments:

Post a Comment