Friday, September 20, 2013

[ home ] :: one man's trash...is my treasure

I don't know about your neighbors, but mine tend to throw away some pretty awesome things. Example? This huge Michael Delacroix print:


One of my neighbors had a garage sale and just dumped what they didn't sell on the curb. Cha-ching! The Hubs thought I was a looney when I made him back the car down the street so I could jump out and loot their trash. He was mortified, but hey - it's a free picture! It was still shrink-wrapped with a cardboard backing and the original price tag ($18.99) still on it.

How cute are the little soldiers?



The reason why I grabbed this was because I liked the colors, and it reminded me of a picture my dad had framed in his office. I didn't realize it at the time, but it was the same artist. I looked up similarly sized reproduction lithographs on eBay, and they're going for about $30. Not a bad find!

Framing it will be my next project inside the house - I already have a place for it in my kitchen/breakfast room. I just hope my neighbors never come over and see it...hah!

I'm trying to decide if I want to put it in a black frame, or something more snazzy like gold. Or maybe even navy. What do you think?

- Maggie White

No comments:

Post a Comment