Tuesday, October 1, 2013

[ grocery ] :: the week in review

With how busy I've been, I never posted my grocery shopping from last week. I mentioned yesterday that I got knocked-off-my-butt on Tuesday from a migraine and I felt poopy for the rest of the week. I did some couponing, but I also splurged in order to make Tortellini Soup. Comfort food makes everything better.

First up: Publix. I'll break this down based on my splurge-spending and coupon purchases. First, I bought my migraine survival kit and comfort food. I did get a bottle of Frank's Red Hot Chili Sauce for free. Total? Grocery: $22.90. Retail: $28.93. I also spent $8.60 on pain relievers...full price!


Then - the couponing. Grocery: $8.34. Retail: $31.36. Personal Care: $2.98. Retail: 13.96. Not bad!
 


I also hit up Kroger and got 10 lbs of ground turkey ($1.79/lb) and 4 lbs of apples. Grocery: $21.86. Retail: $43.90. I'll be making some freezer meals with the turkey to make when I just do not feel like cooking this fall. The Hubs has eaten about half of the apples already...they're his favorite snack after work!


Not Pictured: Aldi. I sent The Hubs there to pick up some fresh veggies. He's such a good man - I told him to get lettuce, 2 lbs of carrots, 6 lbs of onions, and 3 lbs of zucchini - he didn't ask questions. He earned himself some homemade French Onion Soup! Grocery: $6.82.

All in all, this is what I spent:
Grocery: $59.92 That tortellini soup lasted 6 meals, and the turkey gives us 40 servings of meat.
Personal Care: $11.58 Including medicine...blech!

- Maggie White

No comments:

Post a Comment