Wednesday, October 2, 2013

[ daily deals ] :: bacon-buddy needed

Ok, so I am not sure if I want to place (and split) a 36 pound order of bacon with someone, but "sausage-buddy" just doesn't have the same ring to it...and I'm pretty sure this site would show up in some pretty weird Google searches.

Zaycon Foods is an amazing way to get bulk meat and produce straight from the farm to your fridge. They frequently have sales on hormone-free chicken breast, 93% lean ground beef, and hickory smoked bacon. Yum! 

From their site: How does Zaycon work?
  1. You need food. Fortunately, our food tastes great.
     
  2. You go online to ZayconFoods.com and place your order, your jaw dropping at how much great food you can get for such low prices.
     
  3. On the day of your local Zaycon sales event, you bring your order confirmation to a designated location a short drive from your home, and you get your fresh, delicious, nutritious food!

The best part? Your meat is fresher and cheaper since they cut out the middle man (chain stores and grocery stores).




That being said, who's up for splitting a 20 pound order of pork sausage with me? Their next available event is October 29th and they will be delivering Hickory Smoked Bacon (36 lbs at $3.49/lb, or $125.64 per order) and Pork Sausage Links (20 lbs at $2.79/lb, or $55.80).

Considering I've been getting fresh, all-natural sausage on clearance at Kroger for $2.19/lb (regular $4.19/lb), the Zaycon price is a steal!

The Hubs thinks I'm nutty for wanting to do this, but I'm pretty sure I can make a pretty convincing case with the sausage. Who's with me?

- Maggie White

No comments:

Post a Comment