Saturday, October 5, 2013

[ grocery ] :: the week in review

We'll make this real, real quick! First up: Publix. I stocked up on more Stayfree pads, some orange juice (pictured: empty...used it all to make Slow Cooker Pork with Black Beans), potatoes, chicken broth, and pasta. Total? Grocery: $11.24. Retail: $27.58. Personal Care: $2.98. Retail: $13.96. I used a gift card, so it was free!







After coupons, the pads were $0.74 per package (I got 4), the pasta was free, and the the chicken broth was just $0.82 each. We go through broth super fast in the winter when we make soups and stews.

Next up: Aldi. I got a ton of stuff, including 9 lbs apples, 2 lbs pears, bananas, 10 cans of beans, and 5 lbs of chicken breasts. I also got some Butternut Squash and Chipotle Pumpkin flavors of pasta sauce...how delicious will that be over ravioli or tortellini? Grocery: $38.97.





All in all, this is what I spent:
Grocery: $38.97 (used a gift card at Publix)
Personal Care: $0.00 (used a gift card at Publix)

- Maggie White

No comments:

Post a Comment