Thursday, October 31, 2013

[ home ] :: happy halloween!

Here's a tip (and a daily deal) for you guys - Halloween and fall-themed decorations are the cheapest around the end of October and Joann Fabric & Crafts now has all Halloween-themed items 70% off!

Last year was our first Halloween in our "real house" - we lived in a condo prior to moving and there were no kids in the area. When we didn't get any trick-or-treaters last year for Halloween, I was totally bummed out over it...and I ate all the leftover candy. However, in the past year we have had four families with children move into our neighborhood! I immediately began thinking about how I can lure children to my house so I can give them candy?

Decorations! I need decorations! So I scurried to Joann, bought some wall decals, and grabbed a "Halloween" banner for my front door. Ta-da!

I feel like my door should be orange, not red!

Can you tell that I put minimal effort into my decorating this year? Hah!


The retail value for my decorations was $14.99 for the decals and $19.99 for the banner. I got them for 70% off, making them just $4.49 and $5.99 - what a score! I also got a candy bowl (originally $4.99) for $1.49, and bought my candy from Publix. They had a deal last week for Buy2 Get 1 Free on Hershey's and Reese's, plus I had a $1.50 off coupon. That made the price of my candy drop from $19.97 to $11.28. (Hint: if you want cheap candy, buy it at Kroger tomorrow when it's 50% off!)

Original Halloween Cost: $49.94
My Halloween Cost: $23.75

- Maggie White

No comments:

Post a Comment