Saturday, November 9, 2013

[ grocery ] :: the week in review

I'm really feeling the cheap lately! There are fewer deals during the holidays, and The Hubs and I are using more of our budget on home improvement and getting ready for parties and house guests. I am freaking out just a tiny bit. I'm really glad that I've been stocking up on food and toiletries so that I won't have to buy them full-price.

I went to Publix (as usual) to grab the Penny Item (oatmeal) this week.Y'all - I ran out of rice and 1-gallon plastic bags. I picked those up full-price and ended up buying 5 lbs of white rice and 4 lbs of brown rice. In addition, I got pasta sauce, Campbell's condensed soup (for the slow cooker), Halls cough drops, green beans, and The Hubs' favorite salad dressing. Grocery: $16.98. Retail: $37.32. Home Supplies: $3.70 (retail). Personal Care: $1.10. Retail: $6.20.


Next trip: Aldi. There have been great deals on pork lately, so I picked up a pork tenderloin and a pork roast kit. It came complete with the veggies and seasoning, so all you have to do is dump it in a slow cooker and you're done! Also on my list, spinach (for Tortellini Soup), grapes, a pomegranate, yogurt, and 4 heads of lettuce (not shown). Grocery: $19.24.


Grocery: $36.22
Personal Care: $1.10
Home Supplies: $3.70


- Maggie White

No comments:

Post a Comment