Monday, April 14, 2014

[ budget ] :: miserly advice - drink water!

This year, I'm making a health-conscious (and budget-conscious) decision to cut back on the amount of soda that I drink. Confession: I am a recovering Diet Coke addict. The Hubs and I could probably go through a 12-pack of soda in two days. Not healthy. Not healthy at all.

It also hurts our budget - a 12-pack of Diet Coke at the grocery store is $5.29 (what?!) and at restaurants you can expect to pay two or three dollars for a soda. I still treat myself to a Diet Coke twice a week on my way home from horseback riding from McDonalds (I figure that if I'm exercising, a diet soda won't hurt). Their $1 large Diet Coke is a pretty good deal and keeps me from binging on soda all week.



To make sure I drink enough, I have resorted to using a Nalgene bottle to tote around water with me. I found a Nalgene like the one pictured at TJMaxx for $3.99 (less than the price of a 12-pack!), but it is available from Amazon for just $7.81. Surprisingly, I drink less often when I have to drink water, but drink more when I am actually thisty. No more drinking soda out of boredom or habit!
 
- Maggie White

No comments:

Post a Comment