Monday, April 28, 2014

[ home ] :: tree annihilation + landscaping

So we've had these trees in front of our house...giant, scary pine trees...and The Hubs finally agreed to let me have someone chop them down. While I was off at the horse show this weekend, The Hubs kept me updated on the utter annihilation of our yard.



Over the summer, I think I'm going to re-landscape the front yard. By myself, of course, because let's be honest: I cannot afford a landscaper! I know I can grow veggies, but can I grow other plants? We'll see! The plants in front are definitely not suited to the full sun, so they will need to get chopped down or transplanted somewhere better.

In the picture, you can see that we have a gargantuan foundation wall (about 8 feet at the highest part) that needs a little camouflaging. Do you know how hard it is to pick out shrubs? Darn it! Check out my inspiration - I love limelight (full sun) hydrangeas and boxwood, but need to pick out another full-sun hedge that will get tall to cover that darn foundation wall.


I love how the hydrangeas look like they are about to spill over the boxwood hedge. 



Any hedge recommendations?

- Maggie White

No comments:

Post a Comment