Thursday, December 19, 2013

[ home ] :: the look for less - twig candelabra

Being fabulous and being a spendthrift is a delicate balance. [insert sarcasm]

No, but seriously. I do like nice things. I like nice clothes. I like good food. I like having my house look good. But y'all know that I hate wasting money, and I will avoid spending more than necessary at all costs. Where am I going with this?

Enter this beauty: the Manzanita Candelabra in Silver from West Elm, "just" $99. I saw it, fell in lust, and immediately wanted two of them for my dining room. But can I justify spending $198? Nope! So I resorted to the internet....


...where I found these: a less expensive look-alike (Silver Twigs Taper Candle Centerpiece) from World Market. While it is smaller and a little less fabulous, it is just $34.99. Couple that with a Cyber Monday deal and I was one happy girl!


Now, I strongly considered DIYing one...but The Hubs shot me down. Apparently twigs, spray paint, and fire are a "dangerous combination." (Sheesh - what does he know?) Regardless, I am thrilled with my purchase!

- Maggie White

No comments:

Post a Comment