Saturday, January 11, 2014

[ grocery ] :: the week in review

Y'all - I think I did good this week. Check it out:

First up - I had to pick up a few things from Publix to make jam and preserved fruit. I got lemons, lime juice, and Diet Coke (obviously not for canning). Grocery: $5.56 (Retail). Remember the insane amount of fruit I got last week at Aldi? I have "put up" most of it, except for the apples. I'll be making tomato jam, too.


Next, Aldi had a $10 off coupon this week! I had to spend $40 to get the discount, which is a good thing because they had beef on sale. It's been a while since we've eaten red meat, so I stocked up. I got us chicken broth, sugar, milk, tortellini, salsa, "sandwich skinnys," 3 lbs of 97% lean beef, 1 lb of stew beef, 6 lbs of tomatoes, zucchini, and carrots. Grocery: $35.97.




Finally, back to Publix. Twice. Go figure. Not pictured: pine nuts, parsley, and seltzer. Grocery: $12.12. Retail: $22.20. Medicine: $10.26. Retail: $30.76.


I saved the best for last...I used the Amazon gift cards that I got from using Swagbucks to get $40 in snacks for FREE. If I were to pay for these online, it would come out to about $0.89 per Larabar and $0.64 per brownie. I could probably find the brownies cheaper in store with a coupon, but hey, they were free!

Here's the damage:
Grocery: $53.65
Medicine: $10.26

- Maggie White

No comments:

Post a Comment