Tuesday, January 14, 2014

[ recipe ] :: stupid easy tomato soup

I keep making up these tasty recipes, taking pictures, then forgetting what the heck I put in them. I was finally able to figure out what was in this delicious soup because I had the foresight to take a picture of the ingredients!

This soup is an example of a meal made out of desperation. I made some "grown up" grilled cheese sandwiches - I placed sliced, smoked gouda cheese on slices of thick bread and layered on thin slices of tomato and prosciutto, then baked them in the oven until they were a goopy, cheesy mess. Delish!


Ingredients

32 oz low sodium low fat chicken broth
28 oz crushed tomatoes
3-4 cloves of garlic, sliced thin or minced

Makes approximately 6 servings, or 2 giant bowls of soup

Note: the total ingredient cost was about $1.50 when all ingredients were on sale. It would be about $4.00 otherwise.





Directions

Combine all ingredients in a large pot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the garlic is aromatic and cooks through.

Enjoy!

- Maggie White

No comments:

Post a Comment