Sunday, August 25, 2013

[ daily deals ] :: sunday funday!

Well, The Hubs is still MIA (he gets back tonight) so I'm having a productive day of gardening, organizing, and working (blech!) on my biology class lectures for the week.

I have to admit that sometimes, in the midst of my productivity, I get a bit ADD and start perusing the internet for deals. I like to keep a "Wish List" of things I want (or need), and when they go on sale I get them. One thing on my list were ceramic berry bowls/baskets to store produce in - I am getting so tired of using up our regular bowls or containers, and then finding smooshy (is that a word?) fruits and veggies at the bottom.

I was so excited this morning when I was reading one of my favorite blogs and saw these stoneware berry baskets from Sur La Table! What a deal! The last time I spied anything like this was at TJMaxx and their price was $10 for a small berry basket...outrageous! These are $3.99 each for the medium sized ones, and I bought two. How pretty will they look filled with fresh, September strawberries and our last harvest of cherry tomatoes?


Next, I hit up Amazon for some free reading materials! If you are an Amazon Prime member, you can sometimes get great deals on eBooks. The prices of the eBooks can change dramatically every day, but sometimes you can find a book that is normally $3.99 for $0.00. That's a price I like! Even if it isn't on sale, Prime members can borrow books for free from their Kindle library. Love it!

I've been into gardening lately, so I picked up these books:

I also like to read for pleasure, and this summer I've been reading some "oldies-but-goodies." The majority of "older" books that are being offered as eBooks are free now, if you know where to look for them. I thoroughly enjoyed reading H.G. Wells' The Time Machine and I am currently re-reading Louisa May Alcott's Little Women. Two very different genres, but still very good. I love novels that can stand the test of time, and these definitely fit the bill.




Any reading suggestions? I'll keep on the lookout for more books and great deals!

- Maggie White

No comments:

Post a Comment