Tuesday, September 3, 2013

[ daily deals ] :: gear for the ponies


Most people equate horses with spending money, and while having horses can be an expensive hobby it doesn't have to be! I realized the other day that I keep posting Daily Deals for people-things, but not one item for critters. So, from now on expect a few deals for your puppies and ponies.

10% off orders over $89 now!

The first deal: halters and lead ropes. These have good reviews, and while they aren't the fanciest looking halters, they would be great for use at home. I like Horse.com because they give discounts when you buy more of an item. How great is that? This basic halter is $5.79 (or less) when you buy 2 or more!

$5.79 wyb 2 or more!

Dover Saddlery has pony-size halters by Rider's International on closeout for just $3.99!

I know many people who have varying opinions about keeping a halter on, so I included a halter with a simple snap that could break off should the horse become "stuck" on something.

In my opinion, having a halter on your horse while it is turned out is smart - just in case they get loose and decide to go on a freedom run. And should there be any emergency in the barn (like a storm or fire), every horse should have a halter and lead next to its stall.


I got these lead ropes for my trainer for Christmas last year. I might have been guilty of putting her old ones within mouth-reach of a horse, so naturally it was shredded. Nothing is more entertaining than chewing a lead rope!


$4.96 wyb 2 or more!

They've held up pretty well so far, although I did notice that with all the rain this year the clips got sticky sometimes...nothing a little WD-40 can't fix! They are nice and substantial and have great reviews.

I'm on the hunt for more horse-y items, so I will post the deals as soon as I find them. Happy riding!

- Maggie White

No comments:

Post a Comment