Sunday, September 1, 2013

[ health ] :: the time we gave up fast food

I am a fast food addict. I swear, I probably drive through somewhere at least once a week because I forget to eat and get to the point where I am starving.

My typical fast food orders are mostly for soda (did I mention I'm a Diet Coke addict, too?) and Wendy's Jr. Bacon Cheeseburgers - no mayo. Oh, and I love Egg McMuffins.

Mmm...so yummy, and so unhealthy.


So I have challenged myself to give up fast food for the month of September. We'll see how this goes. Although it will challenge my willpower, I think it will go well since I will have to plan ahead for snacks and think about when I will eat.

I'm defining fast food restaurants as places where you typically drive through to order. Or delivery (like pizza), even though we don't order in very often. Walk-in places, like Moe's or sub shops don't count. While more expensive, they are much healthier and The Hubs and I still need somewhere to go out to lunch together once a week. (Don't worry, I usually have a coupon for our little day dates.)

So, can we I do it?

Lord, please give me willpower.

- Maggie White

P.S. - Check out the awesome sales going on this weekend! There are opportunities to score some cheap clothing and groceries this Labor Day holiday. I'm done posting daily deals until this holiday hubbub is over!

No comments:

Post a Comment