Saturday, March 8, 2014

[ grocery ] :: the week in review

I'm cutting back on the grocery budget big time this month so I can drop some cash on gardening supplies and perennial herbs. Over the past few months, I've been getting $50 Visa gift cards whenever I can get $10 off of them at Publix (so a $50 card for $40). I also have some leftover from the holidays and figure that now is a good time to start using them.

First up, I bought a bunch of fresh produce, OJ, eggs, bread, and cheese at Aldi. The grand total was $17.02.


Next, I went to Publix to get two bags of Parmesan cheese, 5 Greek yogurts on sale, and some ground turkey (just $2.99 with a coupon!) to make mini Italian meatloves. It was just $13.49, but I used a gift card making it $0!


Here's the damage for the week:
Grocery: $17.02 (not to shabby!)

- Maggie White

No comments:

Post a Comment