Saturday, April 26, 2014

[ garden ] :: weekly harvest - april week 4

I thought that since I take a bajillion photos of what I pick from the garden anyway, it would be fun to share my "harvests" and keep track of how much we actually grow in our little garden.

The Hubs and I were so busy last week that we didn't pick anything from the garden. However, we did end up picking quite a few greens. I think that with the increasing temperatures the plants needed a week to grow and recover from being picked. (But now, they're looking quite lush!)


The bee balm got seriously cut back, and I dehydrated the leaves to use for Oswego tea. It's actually pretty good! According to WebMD, it's useful for PMS and fluid retention. :) I think I'll let it continue to grow this summer until it blooms...more pictures to come!

Radishes: 1.20 oz
Bee Balm: 6.10 oz
Salad Greens: 2.95 oz

Gardening is a delicious hobby.

- Maggie White

No comments:

Post a Comment