Sunday, September 15, 2013

[ entertainment ] :: sunday funday!

Today was a "football day" - The Hubs spent his time in his recliner drinking Sam Adams Oktoberfest (his favorite beer) while I clipped coupons and prepared for the online class I'm teaching tonight. Fun times! Maybe I'll get to have a beer one I'm finished with my teaching.

Other than that, we have been lazy, lazy people this weekend. I did want to go ahead and share part of my shopping trip for the week. I normally post these on Saturday, but this Publix deal is so good you have to go get it before it ends on Wednesday!

Once the Atlanta Falcons football game was over, I dragged The Hubs to Kroger and Publix to do some coupon shopping. We got FREE toothpaste at Kroger (read about my favorite weekly deals here) and a bunch of good stuff at Publix.

All in all, we got $30.42 worth of Pantene Pro-V products for $9.45. Yes. You read that right!

6 shampoos, 1 conditioner, 1 styling product

Here's how I did it:

Publix is having a sale on Pantene products: Buy 3 (at $3.49), Get 1 Free. This includes shampoo, conditioner, and styling products. Most of the styling products are normally $5.99. This means that without coupons, you're only paying $2.61 per product.

Next, I had coupons. We split our transaction into two parts. Cashiers are totally cool with this - just give them a "heads up" and say that you'll be doing two transactions. Or bring a coupon buddy. I brought The Hubs. That man is a saint.

First Transaction: I used my P&G (Proctor & Gample) newspaper coupons and an online coupon.
$3.00 off 3 Pantene products (newspaper)
$1.00 off 1 Pantene styling product (online)
Buy 1 Pantene Shampoo or Conditioner, get 1 Pantene Styling Product FREE (newspaper)


These coupons made this first transaction total $2.98, or $0.75 per product!
My coupons

Second Transaction: The Hubs used two online coupons.

(2) $2.00 off 2 Pantene products (online)

These coupons made the second transaction total $6.47, or $1.61 per product!
The Hubs' coupons

The online coupons can be found on Coupons.com. This is a great website for finding coupons to print. You can usually print 2 coupons per computer, so I usually print two from my laptop and two from The Hubs' desktop.

You can buy P&G coupon inserts, or individual coupons, on eBay if you missed them in the paper. They arrive in the first Sunday paper of the month.

- Maggie White

No comments:

Post a Comment